So this is about the 3rd time I've made a "Barbie Cake". This one was for the school carnival cake walk. I love that the girls "oooh" and "ahhh" over it. I only had about 5 minutes to frost it so it wasn't going to be anything fancy. Frosting and sprinkles. That's it. I was trying for lime green frosting, but it came out more avocado than lime. Guacamole Barbie Cake? Mmmmm.... Anyone have any quick/easy/cute frosting ideas for next time?
So here are my tips for making the Barbie Cake.
1. Spray your Pampered Chef 4 quart mixing bowl with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Fill your Pampered Chef 4 quart mixing bowl 2/3 full of cake batter. (This requires more than one cake mix. I just mix up 2 together then fill the bowl 2/3 full.)
2. Bake at 325 degrees until a wooden skewer inserted down the middle comes out clean (about 40 minutes).
3. Lay a piece of foil across the top of the bowl while it cooks so it doesn't burn!
4. Wait 15 minutes for it to cool before inverting it onto your serving plate.
5. I cut out a small portion of the cake where I plan to insert the Barbie. She goes in a little easier that way.
6. The dollar store "barbies" work best because they are just a little shorter than the authentic Barbies.
7. Frost and enjoy!
3 years ago