Monday, September 29, 2008

THE MOST AWFUL TAG OF ALL TIME

Special thanks to Khristie for this lovely (grrr...) opportunity!
(I will not be tagging anyone with this piece of work - who thought up this thing anyway? they should be ashamed of themselves!)

Here are the rules for this tag: grab your camera & take pictures of the following WITHOUT cleaning up!

1. KITCHEN SINK
Oh this is just an embarrassment! We were right in the middle of Joy School, the dishes needed to be unloaded from the dishwasher and it is Monday morning for heaven's sake. Excuses excuses, I know, but there they are none the less. That hand soap is my favorite Bath and Body Works fragrance - Wild Honeysuckle mmmm.... Thomas thinks it smells like my grandma, but I don't care - I'm the one washing my hands 50+ times a day and a little smell-good does wonders for the mama's psyche. (Anyone know what that red handled crank contraption is???)


2. TOILET
Here is the most used pot in the house. The downstairs powder room. It actually looks pretty good here - someone even shut the lid when they were done!


3. LAUNDRY ROOM
Thank heaven's it's not big enough to be a huge mess. Yes, it's laundry day. Time to go start a load...


4. FRIDGE
Notice Jeremy's Fat Free milk in the door and Jennifer's 1% on the bottom shelf. And the boy's lunches already made for school tomorrow - that's the best!


5. WHAT THE KIDS ARE DOING RIGHT NOW
Playing outside.

6. FAVORITE SHOES
No surprise here... Dansko sandals! These babies may not be the cutest, but they sure are the most comfy shoes I'll ever wear. Obviously they are well loved, scuffed and worn sooo many times.

7. FAVORITE ROOM IN THE HOUSE
Here's the family room where we spend so much of our time together. We just recently repainted and purchased that cute new chair, sectional and window treatments. Those bamboo blinds are my favorite!

8. DREAM VACATION
Now I want to know how I'm supposed to take a picture of this??? I've never been there, but have always wanted to go to Hawaii. Laying on a tropical beach with a book for several days sounds like heaven. And I've always wanted to visit the Polynesian Cultural Center...


9. CLOSET
I like to keep my shirts in rainbow order. It makes me happy.


10. SELF-PORTRAIT
Nice one.

There you go. Hope your sink looks better than mine. Happy day to all!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

I like this tag - I think it makes us all feel a little more normal =)
Oh yeah - in the kitchen sink is and apple peeler corer slicer - very handy to have with kids =)

Kristie said...

Umm...I'm so glad you chose not to tag anyone with this...namely - ME. My sink looks way worse.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Hey-was that in reference to MY laundry room being a big mess????

That Got2B glued is what I use for my hair ;)

Bob & Khristie said...

Oh, come on - that wasn't so bad! You know you had fun!
At least you can blame the kids; our house is a mess because we're just plain lazy. =)

Kristin said...

very cute. i like your bamboo blinds and chair, too!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! that wasnt so bad! i love the fact you didnt clean up everything first and then take a picture! i dont care what some people say, but i know they clean it up first...good for you!

Anonymous said...

i thought this tag was awesome! so cute and fun cause of the pictures. i know you didn't tag anyone, so i'll just tag myself and see how embarrassing my own life can be!

jennifer said...

khristie, yes it was a little fun, but seriously - my heart started to race the first time i saw someone tagged with this one. it was rebecca's. her house didn't even look like a mess! i'm always so neurotic before people come over - scrubbing the walls and cleaning out the dust bunnies. and then to have to share my UN-CLEAN house with the world - oh the panic. but all in all it wasn't so bad. you're right. my panic attack is over and now we can all be happy and know that no one can keep their house clean all the time!

rebecca, i always wondered how you got your hair to stand up like that - and stay in place. i love that the tube says "water resistant". it really is!