So today I had an experience that every mother has. I had utter chaos for about 10 minutes. Here's the play by play...
1. While teaching a piano lesson...
2. Student needs to leave asap to get his mom to a doctor's appointment. (Extra pressure there to be punctual with lesson time.)
3. One of my children has an accident (#2!) in the downstairs bathroom.
4. Child tries to "clean up" mess and gets it ALL OVER THE PLACE
5. Logan is trying to get me to read him his homework assignment
6. Another child needs help with the Wii equipment
7. Trevor is not finishing his homework and needs constant reminding
8. Dinner was impending - I tried a new recipe tonight
9. My lesson plan for church was not ready
10. I'm sure there was something else, but I can't think of it at the moment
All I have to say is THANK HEAVENS Jackson was napping! That would have been a-whole-nother ball game.
It was the poop mess that put me over the edge. I find it very difficult when so many kids need my attention. I feel like telling them to make a line and I'll get to you when I get to you! Most of it was my own mental battles I understand that, but how do you cope? Does anyone else have moments like this?
4 years ago