Friday, September 19, 2008

All in a day's work

So today I had an experience that every mother has. I had utter chaos for about 10 minutes. Here's the play by play...

1. While teaching a piano lesson...
2. Student needs to leave asap to get his mom to a doctor's appointment. (Extra pressure there to be punctual with lesson time.)
3. One of my children has an accident (#2!) in the downstairs bathroom.
4. Child tries to "clean up" mess and gets it ALL OVER THE PLACE
5. Logan is trying to get me to read him his homework assignment
6. Another child needs help with the Wii equipment
7. Trevor is not finishing his homework and needs constant reminding
8. Dinner was impending - I tried a new recipe tonight
9. My lesson plan for church was not ready
10. I'm sure there was something else, but I can't think of it at the moment

All I have to say is THANK HEAVENS Jackson was napping! That would have been a-whole-nother ball game.

It was the poop mess that put me over the edge. I find it very difficult when so many kids need my attention. I feel like telling them to make a line and I'll get to you when I get to you! Most of it was my own mental battles I understand that, but how do you cope? Does anyone else have moments like this?

4 comments:

award said...

Nice work! You always handle that stuff just FINE! Did you notice the red "Take A Number" thing in my kitchen??? Yeah, it's amazing that they have all made it this far, right?

kelly said...

Jennifer, all of my moments are like this, almost. I do have a compliment for you though, I was there during this whole thing and you didn't even seem flustered. If you have one flaw, it might be keeping it too cool! I should have jumped in to help but I didn't even realize you needed any until after the fact, well, I can't teach piano and don't know how to do the wii. I would have loved to clean up your kids poo though :)

jennifer said...

my one flaw... if only!

Michelle said...

My days are usually like that too...I would just like to add that usually one of those wanting/needing my attention is my husband. So add his "do you know where the (insert something here) is? Any tricks of the trade? I think Amy's "Take a number" thing sounds good.