Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mom's Wicked Birthday

Mom's birthday was last week. She loves birthdays. Presents. Cake (All American Chocolate Cake from Costco to be precise). All of it! And she's not afraid to show her excitement. That's one more thing I love about my mama. (Notice the slice of cake that's missing. It had been eaten before she blew out the candles....I guess they just couldn't wait!)

In my family we are not ashamed to ask for things we want for our birthday gifts. We shamelessly make out a "birthday list" every year and email it out for all to see. It's just like registering for wedding gifts right? This "list" system has always been good to us. We get to give and recieve gifts that will really be appreciated. Gift giving around the Duran house is never a chore. We love it!

So at the top of Mom's list was "Wicked tickets" - to the musical that's been playing in Los Angeles for the past few years. We all pitched in and got them for her. She was soooo excited! WE were all excited for her! We all know she'll just love it. (The moment was perfect too... it was the last gift to open. Amy had it wrapped up so cute in this small gift box. I really think she had no clue. She opened it up and gasped. It was perfect!)

Here are some great shots from the partay...






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, tell your mom Happy Birthday for me! She still looks the same! H

Amy said...

Gotta love the Duran birthdays! I've already started my list...