Thursday, February 19, 2009

Our New Super Hero

Sue answered my plea when she saw this post. Her son broke his arm about a month ago and she had the perfect solution to our bath-time dilemma. We tried bathing Lizzie with a garbage bag just like the doctor's told us... yeah right. That did NOT work. Her cast was totally soaked afterward just as if she hadn't used the bag at all. I was ripping my hair out over the wet cast and the phone rang. It was Sue with the answer to all our problems. Her doctor recommended this product:

There it is! Our new best buddy - AQUA SHIELD! (you have to sing it like a super-hero name, "Aqua Shield!")It's a super nifty cast protector made especially for bathing. Here's how it works:


1. Open it up and start filling the tub.


2. Stretch the opening and slide the entire cast inside.



3. Put the bagged foot into the tub until all the air is pushed to the top of the bag.


4. Open the top of the Aqua Shield to "burp" out the rest of the air. It automatically seals water-tight.


5. Submerge the leg/cast with no worries and enjoy a lovely bath!

So, we owe a million thank yous to Sue for saving our sanity and Lizzie's bath-time. You are our New Super Hero!

3 comments:

sueyado said...

YAH HOO for AquaShield!!! I'm just glad I could pass on the information. I haven't had to worry about Daniel's cast once! I'm so happy that Lizzy can have a worry free bath (and mom can have a stress-free bathtime as well!)

Krissy said...

That's so cool! I wish i knew about that when I was in a cast.

kelly said...

So, wasn't it already soaked though? You'll have to tell me all about it next week.