Thursday, October 21, 2010

Trevor's take on "romance"

Yesterday, I came across an abandoned vocabulary card. Trevor had left this 4x6 index card on the desk and I picked it up to return to his binder. I quickly glanced at his work and literally laughed out loud when I read his definition and coordinating sentence. Here is what he wrote:

Romance: a love affair (as taken from the thesaurus)
this was his sentence: Romance is gross.

I like Trevor's added illustration of the guy that looks like he's about to hurl.


Well, we know where Trevor stands on the whole "romance" topic. That's good. Girls should still have cooties in 6th grade. I know the day is not far off when he will change his opinion about all things romantic. Until then, I am quite satisfied with his view, "romance is gross."

No comments: