Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I do believe in spooks. I do, I do, I do...

Walk up to our home and you will be greeted by a cheerful sight. (The spooky stuff will come later, I promise!) A pumpkin patch on our porch! (CVS was sporting some $5 off coupons on Halloween decor - we scored $15 worth of FREE pumpkins!) Come Halloween week, all of these pumpkins will be carved in to masterfully creepy creations...



Now, step through our front door and enjoy my take on a Halloween wreath. A dollar store sparkly skeleton encircled with some black dollar store garland. Oooooooo... spooky....



Enjoy a few Halloween touches in our front living room. This "skulls in a jar idea" came from a blog I stalk. As you can see, the dollar store has been very good to us this year...



Atop the piano you will find one of our favorite skeleton friends, Jack Skellington. He takes the place of honor above the focal point in this room. Notice he is encircled with more of that awesome black garland.



Creative inspiration comes from anywhere. This year, I happened across several ideas on random blogs linked through other blogs. I stumbled upon this blog and instantly fell in love with the candy corn candles. Since we had about 12 pounds of candy corn sitting in my living room (thank you Jordan & Stephanie's wedding reception!) I figured it would be an inexpensive and super cute decorating item.



Come into the kitchen and see the fall festival above our cabinets. Mr. Jack-o-lantern is peeking out from the other pumpkins in the patch.



For Family Home Evening we scared up some little ghosties out of suckers, rubber bands, and basic white napkins. Our kids have the best time crafting these small spookies. They are quick and easy and are age appropriate for our crowd ages 4 - 35. :)



And finally, the piece de resistance, my favorite little vingette this year, hiding behind glass in the TV cabinet, the skull with spooky clock and melting candle.


I don't know what it is, but the skulls and skeletons are speaking to me this year. Maybe they're speaking to you too? Happy Halloween decorating!

1 comment:

kelly said...

Love it all, especially the pumpkins, skeletons and melty candle.