Here are the recipes if you'd like to try them at your house:
(Most of this recipe was taken from THIS BLOG. I made some of my own adjustments.)
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup milk
1 cup canned pumpkin (Do not use "Pumpkin Pie Filling" make sure you get 100% pumpkin)
1/4 c. vegetable oil
DIRECTIONS1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Mix all ingredients in your standing mixer scraping sides to make sure all dry ingredients mix in well.
3. Use 1/3 cup batter for each 4 inch waffle.
4. Cook until lightly browned - they will come out a little doughy, which adds to the pumpkin pie texture!
5. Drizzle with homemade Buttermilk Syrup and enjoy!
Makes about 8 4-inch waffles.
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
In a saucepan, stir together the sugar, buttermilk, butter, corn syrup, and baking soda. Bring to a boil, and cook for 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, and stir in the vanilla. Syrup will have a foamy texture - make sure it does not spill over the side of your pan!