Friday night was our ward's Father & Son's overnighter campout. Lizzie and I took full advantage of this time with no boys around and planned a fun filled evening of all stuff girly!
1. We went to Red Robin with some girlfriends for dinner. I had strict instructions from Lizzie that we would NOT be greeted by the Robin. She is not a fan of larger than life restaurant mascots.
2. Then we all went to the $3 movies to see the Tooth Fairy with Dwayne Johnson. (This show was a perfect family film - check out our movie review in a few days.)
3. We picked up a dessert at McDonald's and then headed home.
4. At the movie theater there was a photo booth. The girls begged and begged to get their picture taken. The mamas all agreed that $5 was a rip off for 3 pictures so we said a firm "NO" and kept walking. I reminded Lizzie that we had the "Photo Booth" program on our computer and we could take lots of silly pictures as soon as we got home.
And heeeeeeere they are!
Check out Lizzie's cute piggies she wore today. The ringlet curls melted my heart!
We took pictures for about 30 minutes before we finally got tired (it was after 10Pm already!) and decided to call it quits.
5. We started the Project Runway finale that was saved on our DVR because Lizzie still hasn't seen it yet - she LOVES watching the clothes they make! Yeah, she passed out in less than 5 minutes.
6. Mama popped in a movie (Whip It with Ellen Page and Drew Barrymore - fun girl power show) and then another (August Rush with Kerri Russell - tear jerker, suspenseful "will they ever reunite?!" show) and finally fell asleep around 2AM.
7. We woke up the next morning and hit the donut shop for breakfast. We painted our nails while we ate and left feeling full and glittery gorgeous.
It was a great date night for just Lizzie and Me.