Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Other Tree

I love our real Noble Fir family tree. But there is another tree in the house that is also close to my heart. This baby stands 12 feet tall and towers over the front room. Sadly, she is artificial, but a beauty none-the-less. Jeremy "loves" putting it together every year, but the great hubby that he is does it all - even the tippy top while teetering on a rickety old ladder.


I had grand visions of a "music tree" this year - complete with homemade treble clef and black eighth note felt ornaments while bursting with plumes of black feathers. Don't worry - I didn't get any further than the music ribbon. My decorating canteen was overflowing at that point. So I used an idea we'd used before, but the colors worked. I had a pile of black framed photos in the bedroom and those worked as a great substitute for the ornaments I failed to make.


These awesome fleur de lis were a great ebay find. They were 6 inch wood cut outs that I sprayed black, added a gold ribbon hanger, and dusted with gold glitter. Beautiful! One more to add to the favorites list this year.

6 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

12 FEET?? Holy Cow. I guess you have to use a ladder to decorate that one. I think it looks gorgeous...who needs notes?

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! Wow. Looks like it belongs in a department store! H

Unknown said...

Seriously breathtaking. Way to go Jennifer.

Amy said...

Beautiful! I love the colors!

Caralee (CJ) Waddell said...

Seriously, you could do the tree in the White house next year! GLAMOROUS!!

Amy Nielson said...

Wow, that tree is amazing! Great job. I love it.