Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas craft idea for next year


We had some fun decorating "Christmas Trees" for Joy School at our Christmas Party.


Here's what you need:
1. sugar ice cream cones
2. green frosting
3. sprinkles
4. anything else you can think of to trim your trees!


The kids thought it was great. And so did I! There was nothing to cook ahead of time. I debated making sugar cookies or buying the ones from the bakery. I saw this idea and was immediately sold! It was quick and easy and the kids got to eat them when they were finished. These trees would also look cool next to a gingerbread house.

Tuck this idea away for next year. It's a keeper!

3 comments:

mary gendron said...

super cute..looks more fun than decorating cookies! thanks for sharing!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

They turned out so cute! I've seen this somewhere, but didn't think the cones would hold up to "over zealous" frosters at our house...did you break any?

kelly said...

Those are very cute and look tasty too. I hope we didn't miss piano, it was New Years Eve so I made an assumption...We'll see you this week though.