Friday, March 20, 2009

Brown bird, brown bird through my window...


What the heck!? How do these birds happen to fly into our house every year - always in the spring? And these guys are not smart creatures either. He tried to get out about 5 times by ramming into our closed windows! You think they'd learn. I guess that's where the term "bird brain" came from.

So this guy finally banged his head too many times and injured himself somehow. He was not moving - breathing yes - so still alive. I had to scoop him up (All by myself! Why do these things always happen when Jeremy is at work?) and gently take him back outside. He was miraculously gone a few minutes later. The kids like to think that the "birdie ambulance" came along and took him to the hospital to get repaired. I just hope he regained his senses and flew away before a cat got to him.

2 comments:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I think it reflects your perfect housekeeping...ain't NO WAY any bird would ever get confused here ;)

Brittany said...

Thank you so much for participating in Heather's Pampered Chef giveaway!!! I wish you luck in winning!! =)