Saturday, May 31, 2008

E-L-I-Z-A-B-E-T-H



She did this all on her own. There was no help involved - I promise. We were sitting in church, she was coloring this picture quietly, then a few minutes later she says, "Look mommy, I wrote my name!" And by golly - she did! (It's kind of hard to see, but her name is faintly written across the top of the page.) This is the first time she's ever written her whole name all by herself. There are a lot of letters in that name too. At first I was skeptical that she'd actually done it on her own, but after I looked at it for awhile I realized that it was for real. My favorite is the lowercase letter "i". Here's a small picture of it...
I don't know if you can see, but she took some time making a beautiful dot on top.


I just love those proud moments as a parent. The small ones are always the best.

No comments: