Saturday, May 10, 2008

2008 Father and Sons Outing

The annual rite of passage for any LDS boy comes around each springtime with the traditional Father and Son outing. I have great memories of going to the mountains with my dad as a boy, having fun with my brother and friends, listening to my dad tell his famous stories around the campfire, waking up all night listening to my dad snoring next to me, the big pancake breakfast on Saturday morning and always getting thrown in the lake by my dad later that day. Dad doesn't sleep close by anymore, but Trev and Logan make their own "noises" all night long. So the activities haven't changed much from year to year, the only difference is now I bring ear plugs. Here's a few pics from this years outing.

Logan having a jump with some friends...



The big pancake breakfast...

Benny looking like he is getting away with something...


The famous water balloon fight after breakfast (notice the launcher)





Cruising the lake afterwards.




And of course my dad dumping someone in the lake (look at the shorts and legs going over the side on the right)...


Its comforting to know that somethings don't change.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I love that last picture of Rick with his two boys. Every time I look at it first I laugh at Carter's body entirely thrown upside down, then I look at Rick - if you'll also notice - he's hanging on for dear life with his eyes scrunched closed while his children are both thrown from the raft. What did George Costanza say when he fled the burning house as he pushed the children and women aside?