Saturday, July 24, 2010

La Familia Duran

We were together at Shaver for one night at Family Camp. Everyone came up to watch the fireworks show and we took the opportunity for a family picture. Yeah, we are all lookin' our campin' best! Camping clothes, no make-up, all enjoying that unescapeable thin layer of dust - I wouldn't say they were exactly the best conditions for a "nice" photo op. The picture itself turned out fine, we all are great at situating ourselves so we can all see the camera and putting on our picture smiles. But, you know what I like - the coordinated outfits, the nicely combed hair, the perfect lighting and background... Those are the kind of portraits I can enlarge to a 20 x 30 inch print at Costco and hang on my wall for years to come.

The last time we took a family picture like that was at Marcos & Melody's wedding. That was over 4 years ago! (See?! Don't the coordinated outfits and nice lighting make all the difference? I definitely think so.) We've had some new babies born in the last couple of years and there are our fantastic spouses that also need to be included in this Family Portrait. I'm going to push for a new one this year for Christmas (after Jordan's wedding - oooh! maybe AT Jordan's wedding!) - let's see if I can make that happen.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yes! Please! We do need a new family portrait!