Monday, April 20, 2009

kids say the darndest things

Speaking of Jackson and his lack of pronouncing the “l” sound in any word… he has learned how to compensate nicely by inserting a “n” sound in place of the “l”s. For example:

Logan = Nog (we call him Log for short and Jackson calls him Nog)
Lizzie = Nissy
Eyelashes = eyenashes
Ladder = nadders
rolly pollies = rohnny ponies

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This morning we had a family prayer just before the kids walked out the door to go to school. Lizzie (Nissy) really wanted to say it. Here’s how it went:

“…Thankful for this day. Bless the boys to have a good day at school. Bless us to have a fun day and watch TV like [pause] Tom & Jerry…. Amen”

What?! I was doing everything I could to hold in the laughter. She was dead serious in her request too. I guess it’s time to have another FHE on prayer, eh?

3 comments:

Luna said...

That is too funny! I love it whent he kids say funny things!

Sapp Family said...

Someone should make a book out of the funny things kids pray for. I know I've heard some that I couldn't help but laugh during.

Pollock Palooza said...

HA! Kennedy was asking to watch Tom & Jerry yesterday! She just sits there zoned out and then every once in a while she laughs. And then I laugh because it's hysterical.