This recipe is the Ruth's Chris Sweet Potato Casserole we had in NY. It was AWESOME! The one Kristen made for Thanksgiving tasted exactly the same as the one in the restaurant. We love it so much around here that I made it for dinner the other night and took pictures while I prepared so I could share it's secrets with you! Here we go!
For the crust:
1 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. flour
1 c. chopped pecans
1/3 stick butter, melted
For the casserole:
3 sweet potatoes (they're called yams at our grocery store - they're those big orange potato things that Marcos loves to shoot out of his potato launcher)
1 c. sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs, well beaten
1 stick butter, softened
1. Peel and rinse potatoes.
2. Chop potatoes into 1-2 inch pieces. (Logan came in while I was chopping and said, "Wow mommy, those are the biggest carrots I've ever seen!" Ha! Carrots!)
3. Cover with hot water in a shallow/wide pot and bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 5-8 minutes or until a fork slides through potato easily.
4. While potatoes are boiling mix topping ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside until just before you bake.
5. Drain potatoes in a colander and let cool for 15 minutes or until they are no longer steaming hot.
6. Transfer potatoes back into your large pot and mash with a potato masher until there are no large lumps.
7. Transfer potatoes to mixer (you can mix by hand or with a hand mixer) and add the rest of the casserole ingredients. Mix till well blended.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle topping evenly over casserole. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until heated through.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Tips Membeli Iphone Bekas atau Second
1 month ago