Wednesday, January 6, 2010

ALLL-VIN!

We took the kids to the movie for a final hurrah on this winter break and headed out to see Alvin and the Chipmunks: the Squeakquel.

My favorite tidbit was the fact that Zachary Levi had a substantial role in the movie. One of our favorite shows on TV is Chuck and he's the main character from that program. So it was fun to see him in something else. Lizzie was enamored with the Chipettes. They were so cute and sparkly - perfect for our Lizzie. Trevor, Logan, Jackson and Jeremy were all over the bathroom humor - swirlies, "dutch oven", and toilet jokes kept the boys rolling!

The music was fun too - if you don't mind the traditional chipmunk sound. It felt like they sang several 80's songs remixed for today's crowd. Because that's when the Chipmunks first appeared right? in the 80's. They also sang my favorite song - the Single Ladies - which was very enjoyable.

The kids loved it. The humor was right up their alley. I, on the other hand, was indifferent. It was fun to go out as a family, but the movie was nothing special.

If I were you, I'd wait to see it in the $3 theater or just wait and get it from Netflix.

Overall, we give it 3 cheese balls out of 5.

2 comments:

Just Lisa said...

I took my 3-year-old to see The Princess and the Frog, and we saw the trailer for Alvin in the previews. My daughter was squealing all through it, "I wanna see that one, Mommy! Can we see that one next?" But I agree with you-- I think we're going to have to wait for video!

haley said...

Those chipmunks are pretty cute... My kids loved it too:) I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas!