Sunday, May 20, 2007

Fun at the Father and Son's

This past weekend Trevor, Logan and I attended the annual father and son's. Grandpa Doug told his famous campfire stories, the same stories he told when I went to the father and son's outings as a boy. I have to admit that I still enjoy hearing about the ruthless killer bear named Crusher and my personal favorite, Forbidden Forest. The weather was nice, but not quite cool enough for sleeping bags. As a result, I woke up at 2:00 in the morning with two stinky sweaty boys next to me. After "encouraging" Logan to get off of the inflatable mattress, I slept much better. The young men were in charge of breakfast, so I spent the better part of the morning cooking sausages and pancakes on my griddle. Trevor and Logan enjoyed an intense water balloon fight against some of the older boys after breakfast. Next it was off to the lake for a ride in three seater while being "pulled around the lake" by Grandpa Doug. There were some wave runners there as well which were a blast to ride. Wave runners today have become much more powerful than the ones we had and used when I was in high school. We were all exhausted by the time we got home, signifying a great father and son's outing.

No comments: